My love my sweetheart my darling my life

Friday, September 08, 2006

Having 2nd thoughts

My “basi” news: Let’s welcome our newest Union of Bambino member, Syaheed! Yeah!!

On Baby No 2, Hubby has been talking about it quite often recently. I’m starting to freak out. Told hubby I’m not ready to try for No 2 as I feel my baby boy still wants our undivided attention. Hubby says it should be ok cos Rahmat would be 2 years old then. 2 years is quite close leh. The gap is too near. I plan to wait till Rahmat is at least 3 or 4 or even much older. I love my baby boy too much to give him a younger sibling too soon. I wouldn’t want him to “fight” with the younger one for our love.

Maybe I’m selfish. Frankly, I’m not enthusiastic yet to have No 2. After giving birth, few peeps asked if I want no 2. My answer: a definite & immediate YES! At that time, I’m still excited over being pregnant, giving birth and having a baby. Things seem to change now. I still do want to have No 2 but I guess not mentally, emotionally and physically prepared for No 2 yet. I’ve seen cases of parents having “too many” kids than they can handle. I do not want my kids to be deprived of love & affection. Looking at our current schedule & commitment, having No2, there is a possibility of that happening.

I guess I just need time to swallow the idea of having more additions to be part of my life. For now, I want to enjoy the great life I’m having with hubby & darling Rahmat.




isn't he just adorable & lovely? :)

4 Comments:

  • At 11:01 pm , Blogger se.cre.t lo.ve aff.ai.r said...

    Yes, he is adorable little fella! :) 2 years ok what gf?

     
  • At 1:25 pm , Blogger moby said...

    Oh! Thank you Aunty, for the nice message! :D
    Me thinks having baby no. 2 is a good thing, but no need to rush into it, especially if you have the time.

     
  • At 12:08 pm , Blogger papayaface said...

    actually its not about Rahmat deprived of love & affection but its actually the mom have the share the love & affection from the dad...if having No 2 means she is out of the picture...lol

     
  • At 5:02 pm , Blogger nuhaafnan said...

    i totally share your sentiments. Must not let the 'kak long' feel deprived later when a No 2 comes along. papayaface has a valid point too, though :) and not to forget the stress of handling '3' babies altogether

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home