My love my sweetheart my darling my life

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

ComfortDelGro raises taxi fares

Extracted from channelnewsasia:

SINGAPORE : Starting next Monday, a cab ride in any of ComfortDelgro's fleet of taxis will cost more. The company, which operates Comfort, CityCab and Yellow-Top taxis, will be increasing the flag down fare by 10 cents and the peak period surcharge by a dollar. This has caused some concern among taxi drivers. Fuel prices have increased over the years: ComfortDelgro says diesel prices rose 30 percent this year compared to 2005. This has eaten into the income of its drivers and the company is making its first fare adjustment in 12 years to help its 32,000 drivers. So come next week, the new flag down rate for its cabs is $2.50 and $2.80 for its Mercedes cabs. Besides raising the flag down fare and the peak hour surcharge to $2, ComfortDelgro is also making distance-related adjustment. Trips less than 10 kilometres will be charged at 10 cents for every 210 metres travelled, compared to 225 metres currently. For trips above 10 kilometres, the charge will be 10 cents per 175 metres, compared to 200 metres now. Full story

****************************************

I am VERY PISS!! The fares hikes will have a very great impact on me financially. I am a Taxi person. Wherever I go, taxi is my best buddy. It have been my best buddy since I’m 14 ie when I know the meaning of $$ and wasting it.

First it was the booking fee from $2.50 to $4 and then extending the advance booking fee timing till 11 pm. Now the increase in fares and surcharge?? I do not mind they want to increase the fare from 2.40 to 2.50 which is only 10-cents but the surcharge of $2?? Bloody-hell!! $2 surcharge plus ERP of $2 = $4! That’s equivalent to 1 plate of chicken rice from Banquet man! aarrgghhh!! The government wants to reduce on number of private cars on the road yada yada but yet taxis are not made affordable for commuters?

I know there are other means of public transportation such as MRT and Bus but it’s not stroller-friendly. Once we took MRT and this man with his wife commented “So inconsidered (wic refers to us). They should have fold the pram.” I mean what the F*** rite?? I have to fold my pram and carry the baby with standing in a crowded train?? If someone were to get their fat ass up and give the seats to us, we would have folded the pram. By the way our baby was sleeping in the pram then!!

So now is it fair to increase the fares?? bluergh!!

7 Comments:

  • At 4:50 pm , Blogger moby said...

    Mummy and Daddy say they're going to take the cab less often with the price hike. That means I have to take the bus every morning. I don't mind though, but tough for my parents who have to carry me because the bus stop is some distance away from my Nani's house.

     
  • At 10:38 pm , Blogger papayaface said...

    lucky u. every fri i will my son to my mom place wic is at the other end of singapore (me @tamp, my mom aka rahmat granny@Boon Lay). So thats y im not happy abt the increase :(

     
  • At 11:38 pm , Blogger moby said...

    Wow! Tampines to Boon Lay. That is FAR!

     
  • At 11:41 am , Blogger nuhaafnan said...

    aiyoh, soo angry. Cool cool. Maybe now is the best time to get a Kancil. Oh do u have Kancils there? It's very cheap over here. Malaysians would rather buy a Kancil than take a taxi. The fares are ridiculous too

     
  • At 1:08 pm , Blogger papayaface said...

    hehe...cool already..

    ajab booboo:
    yup. ape nak buat. jodoh dgn org tampines. hehe

    raggedyanne:
    ya we do have kancil here in SG but how to buy when not enuff $$ & neither of us have driving lic. heheheh...nampak gaya naik kereta lembu la...lol

     
  • At 7:41 am , Blogger zammy yammy said...

    wow...that IS far...like me sending my kid to pasir ris from bishan. you take him everyday as well?

    -sheSays-

     
  • At 10:23 am , Blogger papayaface said...

    zammy yammy: everyday?? hhmmph..pengsan seh.
    tak la..once a wk oni. hehe

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home