My love my sweetheart my darling my life

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Baby food

Came across this site http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ from one of the baby blogs that I hop to. Thanks to her for sharing to all concern mothers like myself. I’ve tried feeding Rahmat food in the bottle: Heinz and the effect is – Skin allergy!

I blame myself when he had the skin allergy. I’m a working mother and have little time to prepare nutritional meal for him which is why I try to take the easy way of feeding Heinz or Gerber. Bad Mummy!! Now I’ve learn my lesson. Only natural food, no preservative or instant food just because I want convenient!

I read through the recipes found on the site and find its interesting and delicious to try. They even recommend and explained the different cooking method which is very informative.

Steaming - This is one of the most preferred methods of cooking. By this method, nutrient loss in minimal. Left over water could be used as stock and for pureeing.

Boiling and stewing - The disadvantage; it leads to loss of nutrients (esp. water soluble vitamins (B&C) and minerals). Loss can be limited by using the needed amount of water for cooking/for required time. Left over water could be used as stock and for pureeing.

Baking - Baking is cooking by dry heat in the oven. The advantage - large quantities of food can be cooked. Limited loss of nutrients and the food is easily digestible.


Read more here.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home